Saturday is our only time to be at home. It’s time for general cleaning, marketing, laundry and a lot more! I’m longing for a week break to put into action what I’ve been planning since we moved to our new abode. I would love to put a fresh new look not only inside the house but to the outside as well.
Here’s what I need to accomplish before this year ends to help spruce up the curb appeal of our home:
1. Paint: This house badly needs paint especially the front side which is very visible to the passing public. We have to talk first to the landowner. We hope she’s as generous as our previous one where she provided the paint and the labor is ours.
2. Patio: It would be nice to put new furniture in our little patio but we used this as parking space for our motorbikes. Instead of furniture, maybe I’ll just put out a few flowering potted plants or putting a small water fountain into the space.
3. Walkway: This house doesn’t have a walkway. My hubby decided to create one out from the front door to the back of our kitchen. We’ll just utilize the big tiles left by the house owner. We can add an extra decorative touch by making the walkway curve or wind a bit front the front door leading to the back of the kitchen instead of leading straight there.
4. Yard ornaments: I love potted flowers to be arranged in our yard. Currently, we have hanging orchids. Putting a little something extra in your yard defines you and your tastes, plus it gives your home a more unique personality that stands out from your neighbors.
5. Flowers, Plants, Vines & Bushes: Probably the most popular way to spruce up a yard quickly is to simply put out some pretty plants, bushes, vines and flowers. Annuals are great for adding dashes of color quickly, because you can usually buy them this time of year in bloom. To get continuous color and greenery, plant some perrenials too. Then once the annuals are starting to die out, you’ll have something to replace them. You’ll also have the added joy of seeing the perrenials sprout again for several years to come.
Would you like additional outdoor decorating tips? Let me hear from you!