Guess what?

In the afternoon before heading home, I handed the letter I made for the landlord. He wasn’t there so I asked his helper to give it to him. I’m really furious at that time. If only I have enough money we’ll move right at that moment. When we reached home, we’re shocked to find out that FINALLY there’s the water meter waiting for us outside. it means we already have water! All my anger vanished in the thin air (ganoon talaga ako madaling mawala yong galit ko). It seems that I wanted to take back what I’ve written for the landlord. We went back to the landlord’s house hoping he was there or else we’ll just take back the letter. Unfortunately, he wasn’t there. Maybe he went to a friend who could translate the English writing into Thai so that he could understand because the helper has already handed to him our letter. I told my hubby that we’ll just leave it like that. We’ll just wait for him.

Saturday came, we decided to take a look of the house that my hubby saw awhile ago. It’s very huge and has a very spacious front yard and backyard but the owner asked too much- 14,500 baht before we could move (that’s according to their neighbor). We saw that the house is very old, electrical wirings are so messy and there’s no kitchen! I really wonder why most Thai houses don’t have kitchen. They’re used to just eat outside…

I’m tired of moving so I asked hubby that we’ll just stay in our current house and we’ll just move if we could find a better place. I thank God that finally God ended our misery. We enjoyed the water and I’ve done general cleaning to once again make our house spotless!

Open letter to our landlord

May 21, 2010

To the Landlord:

Sir, may you not forget that we brought to your attention last January 10, 2010 that the electric water pump you temporarily installed in your house while waiting for the water connection from Hatyai Water District started to falter (it doesn’t produce water anymore) It’s almost 5 months since that incident and until now we remain without water. During those months January, February, March and April we patiently waited for the water to come BECAUSE you told us so, you still collected the full amount of 3,500 baht without any discount though we expected that you’ll initiate to just only charge us 2,000-2,500 baht just to make us feel better even for the fact that you fail to provide us water for those four full months. We paid without any complaints because we trusted you that you’re doing your best to give us water weeks after weeks after weeks.

The 3rd week of May came but there’s still no sign that we’ll ever have water this month. To save ourselves from further frustrations for a promise that never occurred we are forced to find a new house for rent with water. We cannot take it anymore. Our patience has come to its end. If you are in our situation, what would you do? If I am the owner of the house and the same thing happened to my clients, I better be honest with them and help them find a new house or else let them stay in my house for FREE while waiting for the water to be connected. Who would rent a house without a water connection, anyway? We’re already tired fetching water to and fro from your house. It costs us about 100 baht just for the gasoline to go to your house for three times so that we’ll just have water for a day. This month, we haven’t dropped in your house to fetch water because we are so tired and sick already. Just imagine almost 5 months without water. Thank God for the RAIN. It sustains us until today. Without water, we spent about 200 baht a week just for our laundry. You can imagine how dismayed we are waiting for nothing.

Now that you know how disappointed we are, we are taking back our deposit money of 3,500 baht to compensate for the so much trouble, pain, and suffering you’ve caused to our family. We haven’t broken any contract. We are just FORCED to move because of this WATER CRISIS that hasn’t been resolved for almost 5 months. In this way, we’ll part ways with lightness in our hearts in the mighty name of Jesus.

Your ailing tenants,

Mr. and Mrs. Josh and Jenny

the good news became BAD!

Remember my good news? My hubby decided that we’ll call our Thai friend to inform the owner of the house that we love his offer and we’ll grab for it because we need to move ASAP because of the unavailability of water in our present house. We went back to that house last Thursday evening to clean it before we’ll move the following day. Can you guess what happened? We met the wife of the owner and she told us that we can’t move unless they repaired the minimal leakage of the toilet upstairs, we’ll pay 3,500 baht instead of 3K (the price we agreed beforehand with his hubby) and another 4,500 baht for down payment! We tried to look for his hubby because he’s the one we talked to but he’s not around so we told her we’re not interested anymore! With the amount she’s blabbering about we could look for a more decent apartment with new paint and an air conditioned room! I told my hubby that we’ll just be patient and wait for that new apartment to be opened for rental.

Good news!

In my latest post I’m talking about my rants and our plan to move again! Last night, our Thai friend accompanied us to her friend’s friend to look for the house that she mentioned to me last night.

The house is kinda old compared to our latest residence and it’s very BIG! There are two big bedrooms upstairs- the bigger room has small terrace and the other one has comfort room and a space for hanging clothes. The “house door” is the same with the present but it needs painting. I don’t know how to explain it so I’ll just show you the photo and you’ll be the one to describe it for me, will you?

I’m looking for a house with kitchen but this one don’t have. Anyway, we could purchase portable stylish kitchen in a very affordable price. There’s a space at the back for hubby’s orchids too.

We’re contemplating if we’re going to move or not because the owner offered that we could move even tomorrow for FREE until he fixed the toilet upstairs considering that we’re desperate for WATER. We’ll just start paying 3K a month after he finished fixing. He doesn’t asked for any down payment which is very unusual…so we are tempted to grab for his offerrindu.

No Water!

Remember my post about how it happened why the current house we’re renting has no water? Well, until now we don’t yet have it! This time it’s not the fault of the owner of the house coz we knew that he already apply for connection few months ago and we saw the receipt that he already paid! I never thought the processing could be this UBER SLOWtension! We supposed to transfer last month but as I told you we received the notice that they’ll start drilling on March 29. When we follow up on March 29, the owner said he is still waiting a call from the municipality for payment. After the payment, the work will be started. He was called on the first week of April and he paid the required amount. They supposed to start drilling the road for the pipes on April 8 but no one came. Last week is Songkhran, so they have excuse to be on holiday. I just hope that tomorrow they’ll start drilling and digging and whatever it requires to GIVE US WATER! If they’ll do that we’ll have water after 3 days! What a relief it would be! In this kind of situation, patience is needed. We’ve waited already for MORE THAN 2 MONTHS so I’m sure we can still wait for few more days. Oh help us God! Getting angry will not help us, we’re foreigners here, we can’t speak their language…so I better suppress my ill-feeling toward the WHOEVER RESPONSIBLE to connect us to WATER!

If your in my shoes, what would you dofikir?

Move? WE can’t do that anymore. We’re on vacation and we don’t have salary to be expected on the last week of this month. How convenient sedih!

If only we have enough budget, then and there I’ll pack our things and move even if it means we’ll not receive our deposit money of 3,500 baht! But we don’t have garupale? What do you want me to do? That’s why I said PATIENCE is what we need this time of CRISIS!